All in all, “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found” is one of the errors people may come across while opening links from Google. While the error is rare, it could still disrupt the browning experience of Windows users and cause all sorts of hassles. Your web browser keeps showing you the error about www.googleadservices.com and you don’t know what is going on? Then this article is going to be of use to you.
Causes Of The Error
Poor internet connection is responsible for multiple connection errors and “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found” is a prime example. However, to be thorough, you should consider the possibilities as well
- DNS settings
- IP Address settings
- Proxy settings
- Network adapter settings
What You Could Do
Check Out Internet Connection
If you see “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found”, you should go to another website on another window. If you still can’t access the Internet, take a look at your internet connection using the steps down below.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type “CMD” and hit “Enter”. In “Command Prompt”, type the following command: “ping google.com”.
- Step 2: Examine the result. If the replies come within reasonable times, your connection is up and running. However, if you see the “Request Timed Out” message, you have poor or no connection.
If your internet connection is good, “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found” may be the result of wrong DNS settings.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type “CMD”, right-click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator”.
- Step 2: Copy and paste the following commands and hit “Enter” after each of them.
- netsh winsock reset.
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Step 3: Restart your PC.
Flush DNS And Renew IP Address
If the previous methods never solved the problem, you should consider flushing your DNS and request your ISP server for a new IP address.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type “CMD”, right-click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator”
- Step 2: LCopy and paste the following commands and hit “Enter” after each of them.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
Change Network Adapter Settings
To put it plainly, Network Adapter settings manage the network connection of Windows computers. Hence, if you mess up the settings, DHCP would act up and stop your PC from obtaining an IP automatically.
- Step 1: Open “Control Panel”, select “Network and Internet” and choose “Network and Sharing Center”. In Network and Sharing Center, locate “Change adapter settings” then click on it to see all network adapters.
- Step 2: Look for your network adapter, right-click and hit Properties. Double-click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP4)”. That is going to open the Properties window. Select “Obtain an IP address automatically”. Also, select “Obtain DNS server addresses automatically”. Lastly, hit that “OK” at the bottom to save the settings.
Issues with proxy servers interfere with the network performance every now and then. Because of that, once it comes to the “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found” error, you should consider disabling proxy.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type ‘Proxy” and hit “Enter”.
- Step 2: Disable “Automatically detect settings” in Proxy. Next, scroll down to “Manual proxy setup” then disable it as well.
Update Network Adapter Driver
Unable to recall the last time you updated your Network Adapter driver? Then there is a chance that the driver is out of date and creates errors like “www.googleadservices.com’s server IP address could not be found”. To bring things back to normal, you should update the driver.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type Device Manager” and hit “Enter”.
- Step 2: Expand “Network adapters”, right-click your adapter and hit “Update driver”. Allow the update to go all the way.
Reset Winsock And IPV4
Sometimes, conflicts in the configuration complicate network operations and give rise to errors. Fortunately, by resetting the Winsock and IPv4 settings, you would be able to resolve the conflicts.
- Step 1: Go to “Search” bar, type “CMD”, right-click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator”. In “Command Prompt (Admin)”, type the command below into the Command Prompt and hit “Enter”.
- netsh Winsock reset
- Step 2: Restart your PC. When the screen comes back on, go to “Command Prompt (Admin)”, type the following command and hit “Enter”
- netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
- Step 3: Restart the computer one more time
What Is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an advertising program. By taking advantage of Google Ads, you could create online ads that people would find when they need certain products or services you offer. Since you can manage the Google Ads account online, you can change or create an ad campaign at your leisure.
Is googleadservices.com Safe?
googleadservices.com is traffic from Google Ads. It is neither spam nor a virus. It is also not linked to any malware. The traffic appears when people click on ads that run on third-party websites and apps.
Michael Kan has been with Ginno Security Lab since October 2017, covering a wide range of topics, including consumer electronics, cybersecurity, social media, networking, and gaming. Prior to working at Ginno Security Lab he was a foreign correspondent in Beijing for over five years, covering the tech scene in Asia.
Areas of Expertise: Michael Kan has been working as a journalist for about 15 years— He start as a schools and cities reporter in Kansas City. Amazingly he is still here. Lately, he has been following SpaceX’s Starlink network, emerging online cyber threats, and the PC graphics card market (which led him to camp out in front of a Best Buy to get an RTX 3000). He is always eager to learn more, so please jump in the comments with feedback and send he tips.
The Best Tech he has Had:
- First video game console: a Nintendo Famicom
- Sega Saturn despite PlayStation’s popularity.
- The iPod Video received as a gift in college
- Xbox 360 FTW
- The Galaxy Nexus was the first smartphone he was proud to own.
- The PC desktop he built in 2013, which still works to this day.