Instagram is a cool place where we share and see cool pictures. However, things on Instagram move fast. So, it is helpful to learn how to save pictures and posts. Whether you want to keep your own photo or grab something cool from someone else, here is a simple guide on how to save Instagram photos.
How to keep the photos you made on Instagram on your phone
Saving the pictures you took, adjusted, and made pretty on Instagram is super simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping the person icon at the bottom.
- Tap the three lines at the top right.
- In the menu, choose “Settings” (it is the first option).
- Tap “Account” and then select “Original Photos” if you are using an iPhone. Android users will find “Original Posts” instead.
- On Instagram, there is a button that lets you save your pictures automatically. Just press the blue switch for “Save Original Photos/Posts.”
When you turn this on, every photo you share on Instagram will be kept in your phone’s photo collection, too.
How to Keep Others’ Instagram Photos
Saving someone else’s Instagram photo or video is super easy. It lets you keep them in a private space on your Instagram app so you can check them out later whenever you want. And guess what? The person will not know you saved their post.
Here is how:
- Tap the bookmark icon below the post. That adds the post to your general “Saved” folder.
- If you want to keep it in a special collection, tap and hold the bookmark icon. A menu will show up with your existing collections, and you can even make a new one with the “+” sign.
- To see what you have saved, go to your profile, tap the person icon, and select “Saved.
As we mentioned before, only you can see what you have kept, including the collections you made. Do not worry; other Instagram users will not know that you have saved their content.
How to Get Instagram Photos on Your Computer
Instagram does not let you download others’ photos because of copyright rules, whether you are on a computer or using a phone. However, there is a little trick for computers. Just promise not to use it for bad things.
Here is how:
- Open the photo in a new tab. If you are not logged into your Instagram, right-click the image and choose “Copy Link Address.”
- Get close to the picture, right-click your mouse, and choose “View page source.” That is it! However, remember, be good with this trick.
- After you open the page source, scroll down or use the “Find” tool in your browser. Look for the first .jpg link you find.
- Copy only the text between the quotation marks. Paste it in a new tab. When the image loads, right-click to download it like any regular picture.
- Now you know how to save your own Instagram pics on your phone and grab content from your friends and other accounts you follow.
People May Also Ask
Can I save Instagram photos?
If the post is not private, you can download it. Tap “SAVE IMAGE” at the bottom-right corner, enter a name, and tap Download.
Can I save photos to my phone’s camera roll?
Yes, go to “Original Photos” turn on “Save Original Photos.” With this on, every picture you post will be saved to your device’s camera roll.
How do I copy an Instagram post?
To repost a post, find it, tap the three dots at the top right, and tap “Copy Link.”