If you enjoy keeping tabs on how much you walk, the Apple Watch is super handy and really good at telling you the number of steps you take.
You can check how many steps you take with your Apple Watch using the Fitness app on the watch or the Fitness and Health apps on your iPhone. If you do not want to go into the Fitness app on your watch every time, you can add a step counter thingy to your Watch screen. Let me break it down for you.
How Does Apple Watch Track Steps
Tracking the steps on your Apple Watch is easy, follow the given steps:
- Even if you do not see it right away on the Activity app, it is keeping track of your steps, and you can see the number whenever you want.
- Just open the Fitness app on your Apple Watch. Look for the icon with three circles in red, green, and blue.
See your steps for the day
Just spin the Digital Crown or swipe up on the Watch face. You will find your total steps, plus percentages for your move, exercise, and stand goals. It also shows how you are doing in each ring every hour, your overall distance and the stairs climbed.
Check your weekly progress
Keep scrolling down and tap on Weekly Summary at the end. That way, you can see how you are doing for the whole week, including the total steps you have taken.
How to track Apple Watch steps on iPhone
Tracking your Apple Watch steps on iPhone is simple, follow the given steps:
- Just open the Fitness app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Summary tab. Scroll down to the Trends part to check out your average scores for Move, Stand, Distance, and other things.
- If you want more details, tap Show More.
How to see steps on the Apple Watch face
If you want to see steps on the Apple watch face then follow given steps:
- Get Pedometer++.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab, and choose the watch face where you want the step counter.
- Pick a spot for the step counter under Complications.
- Choose the details you want to see on your Apple Watch face.