How to charge PS5 controller: If you have a PS5 and want to charge your controller, it’s easy peasy! The controller, called DualSense, is super cool with its special vibrations. But, because of these cool things, it uses up the battery fast. No worries, though.
Just use the USB cable that comes with it (it’s called USB Type-C), and you’re good to go. If you have a special dock for the controller, that works too! Just plug it in, and you are all set. Keep reading to find out all you need to know about charging your PS5 DualSense controller.
- How to charge PS5 controller using the PS5 itself
- How to charge PS5 controller using a phone or laptop charger
- How to charge PS5 Controller using the DualSense Charging Station
- People May Ask
- Is it okay to charge your PS5 controller with a phone charger?
- What charger is good for the PS5 controller?
- What is the colour when the PS5 controller is charging?
- Does the PS5 controller keep charging when it is full?
How to charge PS5 controller using the PS5 itself
Take the cable that comes with the PS5 and plug the USB-C end into the port on the top back of the controller.
Now, connect the other side of the cable (the USB Type-A) to the USB ports on the front or back of your PS5.
The controller’s light will glow orange, showing it is charging. It can charge even if your PS5 is in Rest Mode. If you want, you can use the same cable and plug it into a computer, and the controller will charge while the computer is on.
Once it is fully charged, the light will turn off. You can then unplug the controller and use it without any wires.
How to charge PS5 controller using a phone or laptop charger
Here are the very simple steps:
- Take your phone charger or any charger with a USB-C end. Make sure it gives at least 5 volts of power.
- Plug the USB-C end into your DualSense controller. The light bar will start glowing orange, showing it is charging up.
- When the light goes off, your controller is charged! You can unplug it and use it wirelessly. You can even play while it is still plugged in.
How to charge PS5 Controller using the DualSense Charging Station
Here are the very simple steps:
- If you want a fancier way to charge your PS5 controllers, check out the official Charging Station for $29.
- First, plug in the Charging Station using the cord and adapter that comes with it.
- Once it is set up, place one or two controllers on the dock with the charging side facing down. You will find the charging spot at the bottom center where you usually plug in headphones.
- Your DualSense controller will start charging, and the light bar will glow orange.
- When it is done charging, the light goes off. Take your controllers and start playing the awesome PS5 games.
Important Links: How to uninstall games on PS5
People May Ask
Is it okay to charge your PS5 controller with a phone charger?
Yes, you can! If the cable from the game console does not work or you do not have it, grab a Type C mobile charging USB cable. However, make sure your phone charger can give out 5 volts of power.
What charger is good for the PS5 controller?
The USB-C charging cable is perfect for gamers. It works with a Playstation 5 controller, Xbox Series X/S controller, Nintendo Switch, Switch Lite, Pro controller, and other stuff with a USB Type C Port.
What is the colour when the PS5 controller is charging?
If your console is resting, the light bar on the controller blinks orange slowly.
Does the PS5 controller keep charging when it is full?
Just like when you charge your remotes with USB, it stops charging by itself when it is all powered up.